If you are a local business that offers products and services to customers in nearby towns and cities, then it is key to have a strong online presence. Simply having a well-built and well-established website is not enough though, you need to take additional steps in order to land clients. This is where geo-location pages or service area pages can become a big benefit to your company.
Essentially, they are individual web pages that are aimed at promoting your brand to a specific location. They can be very effective for establishing your brand’s online reputation, as they make your business appear more personalised to the customers that are coming to it. They are a must-have for small businesses with a physical location, but can also be utilised by virtual businesses. Although, traditional brick and mortar businesses stand to benefit from them much more.
The main aim of local landing pages is to promote a consistent brand image with personal information that is tailored specifically to the location being targetted. The information displayed on these pages needs to be fairly similar in order to promote the best search engine optimisation, but the copy can be modified to speak to the particular location of the page.
For example, including location-specific content will make your business come across as trustworthy and dependable such as population data, historical background, climate, and economic information (housing rates, job market, etc.). Always remember that you are speaking to real people so the content needs to be related to their location.
- Start each page off with a unique lead in sentence. This should be about the town or city you are writing for (i.e. general information that identifies the locale).
- Maintain a 250-300 word count for your pages
- Write three sets of unique content for your core; create 9 unique sentences and use 3 at a time for each page.
- Write 3 original second sentences of the first paragraph
- Write 3 original first sentences of the second paragraph
- Write 3 original second sentences of the second paragraph
- Write a unique last paragraph that identifies a few specific brands or services your business offers. Feel free to make include location-specific content here as well as a means of recapping your statement.
- Include a bulleted list of all the products you offer or brands that you service
Here are some great examples of location landing pages we have created.